What we do
Raise awareness and offer support through our outreach and events. All money raised is put directly back into the community to support mental wellness initiatives.
Michael Jay Amico Wallace
was born in Leominster, MA
He has been missing from his home
in California since February of 2003.
Our annual 5K Walk/Run!
Healthier Minds Socials
Local meetings/socials promoting mental wellness for all.
Party with a Purpose
Saturday, May 18th, 2024!
“What mental health needs is more sunlight, more candor, and more unashamed conversation.” – Glenn Close
- 1 in 5 U.S. adults experience mental illness each year
- 1 in 20 U.S. adults experience serious mental illness each year
- 1 in 6 U.S. youth aged 6-17 experience a mental health disorder each year
- 50% of all lifetime mental illness begins by age 14, and 75% by age 24 https://www.nami.org/About-Mental-Illness/Mental-Health-Conditions
- 11% of young adults (ages 18-25) report that they’ve had serious thoughts about suicide https://nami.org/Your-Journey/Kids-Teens-and-Young-Adults/What-You-Need-to-Know-About-Youth-Suicide
- Many individuals who develop substance use disorders (SUD) are also diagnosed with mental disordershttps://nida.nih.gov/publications/research-reports/common-comorbidities-substance-use-disorders/part-1-connection-between-substance-use-disorders-mental-illness
Sharing your journey, and the lessons learned, not only helps to inspire others to take action but empowers your own efforts to stay mentally well.
Nurturing your mental well-being is much like tending a garden. It requires ongoing care. We do that better when we can learn from each other. And we only do that by sharing.